Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pancakes in the Cabin

With sever weather being predicted over the next 24 hours, one might want to stock up on the necessities of bread, milk, toliet paper and pancake fixin's for the cabin. A good place to start is the Kroger in Pigeon Forge. A recent visit found the pancake section filled with a large selection of pancake mixes and syrups.Growing up Aunt Jemima and Bisquick were always in my parents kitchen. I can't ever remembering my Mother making pancakes; that was my Father's job and it happened every Sunday. I usually make pancakes from scratch so I was amazed at the variety on Kroger's shelves. Canisters of Pioneer Brand No-fat Complete Pancake and Waffle Mix and their Buttermilk Baking Mix caught my eye with labels proudly boasting "since 1851". The Bruce Company, known for sweet potatoes,has expanded their product line with packaged Sweet Potato Pancake Mix. This is a great way to sneak veggies into breakfast. Krusteaz, the company that first introduced pancake mix that used water, no eggs or milk, in the 1940's has several varieties including Honey Wheat, Buttermilk and Belgin Waffle. Other brands offered: Apple Cinnamon, Buttermilk Oatmeat, Blueberry, and Corn Meal. The selection of pancake syrups and toppings were even larger than the pancake mix selection. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment