Thursday, December 13, 2012

Homemade Blueberry Pancakes

I am a competive cook. I love entering cooking contest both in person or on-line, so when I came across a cooking contest for blueberries and bloggers, I was in.As my blog is about pancakes and since blueberry pancakes are the most popular pancakes served here in the Smokies it should be easy. Right? I needed to be innovated come up with a blueberry pancake that stood out. Hmmmm. So here is what I came up with... Homemade Blueberry Pancakes Stuffed w/ Sweet Blueberry Cheese and Topped w/ Blueberry Balsamic Syrup The first thing I did was to start with the batter.If you have only had pancakes made from a box, homemade is far superior. This is my favorite Pancake Batter. Homemade Blueberry Pancakes 1 Cup fresh or frozen blueberries 3 large eggs, seperated 1/2 Cup melted butter 3/4 Cup milk 1 TBS. sugar 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder 1 tsp.baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt 1 Cup all purpose flour In a bowl whisk egg yolks, butter,milk,sugar,baking powder,baking soda,salt and flour together. Beat egg whites to a stiff peak. Fold into flour mixture. At this point you may add the blueberries to the batter,or do as I do, top each pancake with blueberries directly on top of the batter on the griddle. Cook the pancakes on a hot griddle using all the batter. I separate the pancakes between sheets of wax paper and cover with a clean dish towel to keep warm. These pancakes also freeze well to be warmed in the microwave on a minutes notice. Fill with Sweet Blueberry Cheese Filling and top with Blueberry Balsamic Syrup. For more information about the contest or about blueberries go to; http://www.littlebluedynamos.com

1 comment: