Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Ground Hog Day

I Love February! I get to celebrate Pancake Month,Ground Hog Day, Panckes Day , Valentine's Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, and the last days of winter. Today is ground hog day. My husband has a pretty off beat sense of humor so all week he has been telling his poor Mother that he was going to bring her some ground hog to celebrate the day.His Mother would tell him, " No thank you Michael, just the thought of eating ground hog, makes me sick'. So of course on Ground Hog Day, he shows up at her door carrying a stryofoam take-out container that has Ground Hog for Hardin written in ink on the top. Here you go Mom, he announced as he handed her the box. I had to drive all the way to Sevierville to a Ground Hog Breakfast at the Fire Hall to get this. Mike's Mother had a look of fear and disgust on her face." Michael, I'm not feeling well today, I'm a little sick in my stomach. Sorry , but I can't eat this". It took a little coaxing to get her to open the box and look inside. Her frown turned to smiles as she looked in and saw a McDonald sausage and biscuit inside the box. Ground Hog on a biscuit!! Happy Ground Hog Day

No comments:

Post a Comment