Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New York Cheesecake Pancakes

I have to confess...I often order pancakes not because I think they will taste good, but because I think they will take a pretty picture for my blog or Pintrest page. So it was this morning. After all the hype about IHOP's National Pancake Day, I woke up craving IHop pancakes. Pursing the menue I came across several pancake varieties and a few crepes that really looked good. After going back and forth way too many times, I finally decided on the New York Cheesecake Pancakes. The pancakes are studded with New York Cheesecake and topped with strawberries, strawberry syrup and whipped cream.I must admit the cakes in front of me looked as pretty as the picture on the menue. I'm not a huge fan of over the top sweet, covered with whipped cream pancakes, but these pancakes were really good. I was a little taken aback with the first bite or two when I tasted something soft and thought the pancake batter wasn't completely cooked through, but then realized it was the soft cheesecake I was tasting. While the serving of four pancakes was way to much for me to eat, I must confess the New York Cheesecake Pancakes at IHOP are a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment